Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 6 (2,521 Views)

"the file cannot be accessed by the system" in win xp os

error in  installing hp psc all in one 1200 "the file cannot be accessed by the system in win xp

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 6 (2,512 Views)

Re: "the file cannot be accessed by the system" in win xp os

Can you please give a more detailed description of the issue? Where in the install were you when this message appeared? Was there any more information with the message, such as what file cannot be accessed? Can you grab a screenshot of the problem and attach it here?

Without any other information, I would suggest restarting your computer and trying to run the installer again.

I am an HP employee.

Student
Message 3 of 6 (2,502 Views)

I have the same problem trying to install the driver for my hp psc 2210 all-in-one printer. I downloaded the driver from hp.com and i've tried to install it several times, from different locations on my pc (system partition, other partition, external storage. Everytime the installer finished extracting all files to any folder (C:\temp\... or any other folder, also if not on C:\ drive, it gives the following error: "The file cannot be accessed by the system." The same error pops up when I try to open "Setup.exe" from the extracted package. This means I cannot use my printer. 

Do you have any solution?

Kind regards,

Pieter

Intern
Message 4 of 6 (2,401 Views)

I'm seeing the same issue on WinXP SP3.  Both the original disk setup.exe and the HP website download's setup.exe pop up a modal dialog box with the same message when I try to run them:

"The file can not be accessed by the system."

Clicking the OK button simply exits the setup program.

This machine has no other HP installs on it (in fact, no other printers at all).

Extremely annoying... I don't have high expectations of HP software, but this is ridiculous...

Installer bombs out

Professor
Message 5 of 6 (2,358 Views)

"the file cannot be accessed by the system" in win xp os

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

This seems like it is an issue with something blocking the install, something like Windows permissions, firewall, etc. Check out the following link to a thread that deals with this issue (gives insight, but no resolution):

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup/HP-C310-failure-to-install-on-Windows-...

Has anyone tried to create a new User Account and tried to install under that account?

Smiley Happy If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution Smiley Happy
Honor Student
Message 6 of 6 (1,247 Views)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation