Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3512
Windows 7

Last night my computer would not power off. I unplugged and then plugged back in, when it powered on the message reflash 12345 is on display scree. I search hp forums and found a resolution of unplugging and then holding cancel button while I plug back in. The error message is gone, but now I am stuck on the selct language screen. The cursors to select language to do not work and the screen is frozen. Any ideas?

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello @martini1026,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you received the error message 'reflash 12345' on the display screen of your HP Deskjet 3512 e-All-in-One Printer. I see that you attempted a reset that you found on the HP Forums of disconnecting the power cable of your printer and holding down the (X) Cancel button while plugging the printer back in. This did seem to resolve the 'reflash' message but now you're not able to select the language to proceed with your initial printer setup. Now just so you are aware, the 'reflash 12345' is a programming failure on your printer. The Firmware (programming) is the 'brains' of your printer and tells your printer what to do and how to do it. Therefore, if the programming is corrupted on your printer a replacement product may be needed.  I would like to assist you further with this issue to see if we can resolve this programming failure.

Step 1: Check Power:

Please ensure that your printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet for power. Power strips and surge protectors can cause HP Printers to lack power and not respond correctly for you. To ensure that power is not causing this issue, please just plug the unit direct into a wall outlet and turn the printer on to see what display pops up. If you're prompted to select your language, verify if the buttons are responding for you again. If they are, simply select your language and test your printer.

Step 2: Update Firmware:

As I previously mentioned, the 'reflash 12345' error is a programming error on your printer. To verify that you're using the latest verison of Firmware, can I please have you click here. Once the website opens, select the Download button on the top left. When prompted, allow the download to Run. Please follow any on screen instructions to complete the programming update.

Please respond to this post with the result of checking the power and updating the printer Firmware Version. Should you still be experiencing issues there is 1 additional programming reset the can be completed. I look forward to hearing from you! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

First off thank you very much for responding. As far as the first option of plugging into an actual wall plug did not work, so then I attempted the update. When I got to the page to start the update it tells me it is unable to do so because my printer is in error status. 😞 I'm lost as to what to next. I believe you mentioned once last option?

HP Recommended

Hello @martini1026,

Thanks for getting back to me regarding this programming issue. I'm sorry to hear that the steps I provided failed to resolve your issue. At this point I am going to send you a Private Message with the instructions on how to perform a Semi-Full Programming Reset on your HP Deskjet 3512 e-All-in-One Printer. Can I please have you refer to your Private Messages for further instructions.

Once the reset is complete, please post the result of the reset in this thread and not in the Private Message.

Good luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hello !

I have the exact same problem ! Can you please send me the instructions in a private message ?

Thank you !

Park K.

HP Recommended

Hey @ParkKatt,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're also getting a 'Reflash 12345' error message on your HP Deskjet 3512 e-All-in-One Printer. I would like to assist you today with resolving this error.  I am going to send you a Private Message with the instructions on how to perform the Semi-Full Programming Reset on your printer.

Please refer to your Private Messages for further instruction.

Good luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem! Please send me the instruction to reformatted the software as well!

Thank you very much,

HP Recommended
Hello,

Could you please give me an instruction on resetting the printer?
HP Recommended
I have exactly the same issue, Please for an instruction...
HP Recommended

I'm having the same error, REFLASH 1 2 3 4 5, on my Officejet 4630. Pls. help 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.