cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CherHan
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

removal/installation problem

I am running Windows XP Home Edition and using an HP PSC 1350 All-in-one Printer. These two programs were running just fine together for many years. However, I recently added a new pc to my house - which accesses the internet through a wireless router. I had another printer, an HP Deskjet D4360, that was not being used. I tried to install that printer onto the pc running Windows XP so that I could access both printers wirelessly with the newer pc (running Windows 7).

This did not work very well. Then I tried to uninstall the Deskjet D4360, which affected the 1350 All-in-one. This led me to try and uninstall the 1350 printer. This is where the problem now lies.

I am unable to reinstall the HP PSC 1350 All-in-one onto the pc drunning Windows XP. The error I keep receiving is that "the file hpop1310.dat on hp cd is needed." When I put in the cd and tell the pc to look in that drive, I stll get the error stating that the .dat file is missing.  When I try to just completely reinstall from HP cd, I am told there is already a newer version of the software on my computer.

My question is - what if anything can I do to resolve this issue and at least reinstall the HP PSC 1350 All-in-one?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Level 2 l0ri3
Level 2
21 21 0 1
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi CherHan,

This kind of issue could be caused by driver conflicts.

I suggest uninstall and delete all files related to your printers.  Make sure these files are not in your computer anymore. You can check folders and subfolders in your C drive.

Once the computer is clean of print drivers and software, reinstall your desired printer.

If you wish to install the secondary printer use the basic software and drivers.

These drivers are available at www.hp.com

Hope this helps. :generic:

~I work with HP but my posts and ideas are my own.~

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1 vstshung
Level 1
12 12 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can try to use the Uninstall.bat inside the installation CD to clean the windows registry.

1. Insert the HP PSC 1350 CD-ROM into the computer. Cancel any installation windows that appear.
2. Right click CD-ROM, and click Open.
3. Browse to folder: Util\CCC\ and double click to run the Uninstall.bat. Run it 4 times.

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation