cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Whatsuprabbit
Level 1
16 11 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

replaced ink cartridge and it won't recognize it has been replaced

I WAS in a hurry and I AM SO FRUSTRATED WITH THIS PRINTER. I absolutely CANNOT get it to recognize that I replaced the ink cartridge that they asked me to replace!!!!!!!!! I tried shutting down, I tried cleaning heads with rubbing alcohol, that's all I know. 

I already have the problem of when i buy ink from HP best buy, that it comes home after paying 3/4 of a hundred dollars, half empty, and they say there is nothing they can do about it at the store!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

It is a HP Photosmart 6200 All-in-One. Done warranty but only used maybe 20 times and replace of cartridges about 4 times. Not a scratch on it. Yesterday the scanner even froze in the middle of scanning, stuck halfway down scan!~ 

I am now going to try unhooking the entire printer...

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Whatsuprabbit
Level 1
16 11 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

replaced ink cartridge and it won't recognize it has been replaced

I now have it working. Not sure about the scanner sticking, I only have the print working again.

It was telling me I was out of light cyan ink so I finally changed the reg. cyan too and it works. On my computer screen however, looking at the chart, the light cyan looks empty still, it is no longer saying so, but it looks completely empty. When I shake the old light cyan container, there is also still lot's of ink it...btw, not empty like the regular cyan. This leads me to believe what I had a while ago that the printer is set up just to fork out money...that along with the fact that new cartridges are half empty on several occations...when purchased.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation