Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Kimmi1073 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 31 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

runtime error

Hi,

I am trying to install a HP 6500  E709E and am having the following runtime error:

Runtime!

Program:  D:\hpzsetup.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the applications support team for more information.

I have tried the solution posted in the first page of this thread.  I also attempted to start another user on the sytem and install the software there, as suggested on page 3 of this thread.  In another post I saw that the C++ redistributable files might cause this issue, I have updated those as well.

There is currently an antivirus software that runs on this PC and has found no viruses.

The computer we are attempting to install the printer on is running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.  

Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.  We have considered simply buying a new printer, but if this printer software has this issue, whats to say another printer's software won't have the same problem?

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
tendulkar Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 32 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

runtime error

Mt 7z folder only has one dll. It does not have the Util or the CCC folder. What would the steps be?

0 Kudos
JustJenn Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 33 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

runtime error

I ran into a situation where my printer just "disappeared" from the device list.  I discovered it when a form I was printing on line was garbage.  I uninstalled HP Software and lost all printing ability then encountered at least two forms of the Runtime error. 

"Runtime Error!  Program D:\Setup.exe  This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.  Please contact the application's support team for more information."

and

"Runtime Error!  Program: C:\Users...7z...\Setup.exe  This application has requested ..."

I've been reading here and there, but finally followed through installation with your steps. 

I was able to reinstall without encountering the runtime error message.  I did wait until the installation was 100% on Step 2, otherwise the "7z..." folder was empty. 

Although I've reinstalled the software, my printer is not showing up on the devices.  Not sure what this means for printing altogether.  My sample photo printed fine.  The HP Solution Center is availble and one scan test worked.  The online forms are still garbage - may be the online forms themselves.  I'll test online printing later.

Meanwhile, I have three printers listed in the printer/device list:   'fax'  'windows XPS document writer" and "Quicken PDF printer".  My printer - HP Photosmart Plus B209 is not listed.   Any word in that regard?

Thank you for your previous help and any help you might be able to lend with my printer not showing up on the devices.

0 Kudos
JustJenn Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 34 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

runtime error

PS - Update:  "added" the printer via control panel/devices and printers/add printer (it was in the list behind the scenes) and now it's visible. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation