Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question
runtime error
Replies (33)

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 11 of 34 (4,505 Views)

Re: runtime error

I have tried following your solution but I am still getting the same runtime error message.  I have checked and only have one 7z folder.  I have been trying to resolve this problem for two days.

I have a Dell PC running Windows 8.1 64 bit and a HP Photosmart Premium c309g.

HP solution centre was a little  tempermently before upgrading to windows 8.1, now it just does not work at all despite al my attempts at reinstalling

Provost
Message 12 of 34 (4,488 Views)

Hi davidpriest18,

Follow the steps below.

Step one: Clear temp directory

1. On the Apps desktop right click the mouse, and select all apps. Type %temp% in the run app.

2. Highlight all the files in this folder, and then press the delete key to delete. If you get a message that the file is in use you will need to skip this file(s).

3. Continue with Step 2 below

Step two: Downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Download the full feature software and drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-109711-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...=

2. Once the download is finished double click on the file to extract the software.

3. When the installation window opens press the cancel button to stop the installation

4. On the Apps desktop right click the mouse, and select all apps. Type %temp% in the run app.

5. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

6. Right click on the folder, and select Copy

7. Close that window, and all your open windows, and then in the middle of the desktop right click your mouse, and select Paste. This will move the 7z folder to your desktop.

8. Open the 7z folder you just copied to your desktop

9. Open folder Util

10. Open folder CCC

11. Run the uninstall_L4

12. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

13. Run Disk cleanup by holding down the Windows button and R at the same time to pull up the Run prompt and type cleanmgr.exe and press enter.  Select all the boxes and delete everything. Click on the link below regarding this tool and any disclaimers.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/delete-files-disk-cleanup

14. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

15. Open the 7z folder, and then double click on the Setup.exe file which will be toward the bottom of the open window. Follow the on screen instructions to reinstall your printer.

Let me know if you are able to successfully install the software and driver, and are able to print & scan?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Top Student
Message 13 of 34 (4,482 Views)

Thank you for the advice unforunately I cannot get past the extract files step after extraction I get the same runtime error message.

I have tried downloading to my laptop and loading this on my PC, but on setup.exe in the 7z*** file the error messages comes back again.

I am getting frustrated with this.

Provost
Message 14 of 34 (4,480 Views)

Hi davidpriest18,

Sounds like the OS and HP software are conflicting with each other. You may want to consider the refreshing Win 8.1, and then try installing the printer again. Let me know what you find out?

To do a Windows 8.1 Refresh:

1. Hold your mouse in the bottom or top right of the screen (if you have a touch screen, you can slide you finger from the right of the screen to the left) to bring up the Charms bar.
  2. Click on Settings.
  3. Click on "Change computer or PC setting" at the bottom.
  4. Click on Update and recovery.
  5. Click on Recovery
  6. Click on "Get Started" on the option to "Refresh your PC without affecting your files"
  7. That should start a Wizard that will take you through the Refresh process. 
  8. Install the printer to your computer
I am an HP employee.

Top Student
Message 15 of 34 (4,468 Views)

That has worked, but has left me with hours of work reinstalling all the software lost, Word, Outlook etc.  The worst being I have lost all my outlook Personal files.  This solutions works but is a drastic action. There has to be a better way.

Also, Windows has reverted to version 8 not 8.1

If you recommend this action again, please remember to get people to back up Outllook.pst files etc. before doing anything

Provost
Message 16 of 34 (4,459 Views)

Hi davidpriest18,

Glad to hear this resolved the issues you were having with the operating system. If you selected the option to “Refresh your PC without affecting your files” it shouldn’t have affected any of your personal files. This refresh is designed to correct any file corruption within the operating system which can cause issues with installing other programs. I am sorry to hear you had this issue with the operating system. Have a wonderful day.

1.jpg

I am an HP employee.

Honor Student
Message 17 of 34 (4,421 Views)

I reactive this topic, since I've got the same error ("MS VC++ Runtime error : the application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way")

One difference here is that I suspect a problem with the MS VC++ Redist lib, since I've just had some problem with successive versions of MSVC RT 2008, 2010, 2012, ... !

So my question is : should a problem happen with the lib, does the setup program trigger this error ? And which is the expected library to use (version, year, platform,  patch level, ...) ?

Details :

System : Intel Core 5 64 bits platform, Win 7

Printer : HP-C7280

Install program : HP PS_AIO_02_Net_Full_Win_WW_130_140

Thanks for any help

c.

PS: I've tried a lot of different things with no success : remove the MSVC RT, reinstall them, remove the 7Zs.. dirs in /temp, remove all HP stuff in program files and registry, ..., and no chance.

Provost
Message 18 of 34 (4,411 Views)

Hi cmgo2k,

The error messages appear to be related to a corrupt Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86). Follow the steps below to create a new admin account. If you continue to have issues with Microsoft Visual you will need to contact Microsoft support.

Windows 7 and Windows Vista allows you to have multiple users sharing the same computer under their own individual accounts. This allows each individual user to have their own location on the computer where they can store their personal documents, pictures, videos, saved games, and other personal data. This also allows the owner of the computer to assign certain accounts the ability to perform administrative tasks like installing software, while limiting other user's abilities.

This tutorial will walk you through creating a new account in Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

1. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button () in the lower left corner of your screen that has a Windows flag on it.
  2. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
  3. When the control panel opens you will see a screen similar to Figure 1 below.
    Figure 1. Windows 7 Control PanelFigure 1. Windows 7 Control Panel
  4. Click on the Add or remove user accounts control panel option as shown by the red arrow in figure 1.
  5. You will now be in the Manage Accounts control panel as shown in Figure 2 below.
    Figure 2. Manage Accounts screen in Windows 7Figure 2. Manage Accounts screen in Windows 7
    This screen shows all the accounts currently on your computer. To create a new account, click on the Create a new account option as shown by the red arrow above.
  6. You will now be at the Create New Account screen.
    Figure 3. Create New Account screenFigure 3. Create New Account screen
    In the New account name field enter the name of the new account that you would like to create. This could be a person's first name, full name, or whatever other designation you would like to give. You then need to decide which of the two types of accounts you would like to create. An Administrator account has full access to the computer and can make all changes, install software, and create and delete accounts. The other type of account is Standard user and has limited privileges as to what settings and changes it can make to the computer. It is suggested that for all users, you set them as a Standard User account and have one administrator account that you can logon to as needed. This will protect your computer from malware and other harmful activities.
    When you have finished selecting a name and the type of account you wish to setup, you should click on the Create Accountbutton.
  7. Your new account will have been created and you will see it listed in the Manage Accounts screen.
    Figure 4. New user has been createdFigure 4. New user has been created
    As you can see our new user, named Test Account, has been created.

Now when you start Windows 7 or Vista, you will see the additional account listed in the logon screen. That user can then select their login name and login into their profile so they can access their private data.

Install the printer on the newly created user account, and let me know if you experience the same issues?

I am an HP employee.

Honor Student
Message 19 of 34 (4,372 Views)

hi

I've tried what you suggested, here or sooner, of course with no success (I still can't imagine why creating a new admin account could change the behaviour of the program).

So the status is :

- the printer is installed (on the LAN, shared with the other PCs of my house), and runs OK

- I've tried to install the ALL-in-One set of programs on 2 (TWO) different PCs, and it fails.

After numerous Level4_cleaning, reboots, and hours lost (not counting my nerves !), I finally realized that I've a MacBook Pro at home. Installing the soft have been easy as Mac, and I forget the Windows version of the installer.

However, I'm very disappointed both by the software (the printer works) and the support.

My next printer won't be HP.

Have a good day

Honor Student
Message 20 of 34 (4,301 Views)

This does not work.  After you extract the file, the next message you see is the runtime error.  Total garbage solution for HP 7310 All in one

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation