Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Suggest you check for any software updates released for your Envy 4500; I had the same problem but then an update came out which I downloaded and the problem no longer exists.

HP Recommended

Really? I have tried everything. There is a problem with windows 10 and the printer's communication. I realized this using 4 computers with different Windows OS. My solution: use a USB cord. The wireless feature is not reliable enough to work as it only occurs RARELY.

HP Recommended

I have a laptop running windows 8 and HP had no clue.  Many appends to this forum complaining.  i gave up and used the usb cable.  I now have a Windows 10 and it works.  What HP has done is create a pseudo name for the printer.  Go to device manager and select imagining devices.  There you should see:

HPD288E7 (HP ENVY 4500)

I can't say for certain this fixed the problem, but it's the only difference I see in Win 10.

This problem has also been reported in Windows 7, so it makes HP more likely than Windows causing this problem.  Long ago HP developers should have worked to fix this problem, not their responders to this forum

ctmsnr
HP Recommended

Cannot get printer to print. The unit switches on but then I get Printer off line

HP Recommended

I have been here trying different options for two hours. It seems it doesn't work by connecting to the printers wifi anymore. What I did was go to add new printer. It searched for a printer and found the very printer I already had listed. I clicked on it and it re=added it as a different printer. I chose it as my default printer then I could print no problem. So just go to devices and add new printer and add it again. 

On the tablet and phone I had to download the hp all in one app and I could then print no problem. So it seems different devices now need an app for the printer to work but at least I found a solution.

HP Recommended

I have an Envy 4507 AIO printer connected to a wireless fibre network. Printing from my iphone or tablet is no problem, emailing a document to the printer is no problem. Printing direct from my PC is a nightmare. Running Windows 10 with all security updates installed, correct port selected, wireless on on the printer. I have used HPs printer doc which says there is no problem. I have tried uninstalling the software and reinstalling it. I have tried rebooting the PC, router, and printer in all the different permutations, but still nothing.

HP Recommended

I gave up. The wireless laptop windows 10 connection software is faulty. Yet, I pug the wire in and it works every time.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.