cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Flicks74
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

scan failure

HP Recommended
Envy 5530 e
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Scanning photos to email, sending wirelessly.  Has been working fine.  2 days in a row, though, after about 8-12 photos, I hit scan failure.  Print & Scan Dr says it's fine, but the failure continues with no scans since.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
13,215 13,163 1,339 3,475
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.  We'd recommend the followig resolution:

Please Uninstall and Reinstall the FULL feature software following these steps:

1. Uninstall the software in your computer
2. Download and save the FULL feature software (do not install it online)

3. Install the FULL feature “Saved” software

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
Flicks74
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.  Let me clarify, though.  It's using the "screen" on the printer that ultimately fails - after 8 or so successful scans.  When I switched over to using my laptop via USB connection, I was able to scan and save photos to my desktop with no problems.  I need to go back and try the screen again, to see if the problem still occurs.

So - short-term, I've found a work-around.  Long-term, I shouldn't have to use a computer to scan.

0 Kudos
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Think that you are trying to Scan from Computer. You need to enable that feature(with FULL feature software installed.

How to Scan to Computer

Once you have installed the software:

1. Click on the printer Icon (on your desktop) and it will bring up the HP Printer Assistant.
2. Under the Scan menu, there is a “Manage Scan to Computer”, click on that.
3. Make sure that you “Enable” Scan to Computer. Also make sure the tab “Automatically start Scan to Computer when I log on to Windows” is checked if you want to make this feature permanent. (the following video will show you how)

Scan to Computer

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
sborger
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The scan to computer is for standing at the printer and choosing scan to PC. I only wanted to do that once for the OCR feature. Other than that time, I find it a useless funtion since I still do all scans from the PC.... So one of the solutions given is to turn OFF the scan to PC funtion. I have an HP 7520 printer and using Windows 10 laptop.

IF these images load  properly, it will help in following the solution....

HP tile.jpgThe Window tile (or desktop icon) looks like this if you have the full software on your PC...

HP software 1.jpg

Clicking on the tile opens this page for your printer care....

The below image is where you enable or disable this funtion....

HP Software 2 .jpg

As of the moment I disabled this funtion, I have not had another popup again... I think I can live without this funtion...

Hope this is more helpful to those that are not computer savvey and need a little more than written instructions...

0 Kudos
Flicks74
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My problem has only been with scanning to email using just the printer (computer is not involved and often off).  I would be using just the touch screen on the printer.  After about 8 successful scans to email I get a failure message on the printer's screen.

0 Kudos
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Flicks74

Can you try this:

Create a TCP IP port

1. Print a Configuration Page to get the printer's IPv4 address (you can also tap on the wireless icon on the Front panel of your Printer to get the IP address)
2. On your PC, go to Control Panel, from Devices and Printers, right click the printer and left click Printer Properties, select the Ports tab.
3. Click Add Port, select Standard TCP/IP Port, then select New Port and follow the wizard.
4. Type in the proper IP address for the printer.  This vido resource will show you how it's done:

Create & Use TCP IP port 

Note that you can ALWAYS revert back to the original port that the HP software installed by selecting the HP port under the Ports tab (in Printer Properties)

Let us know if that helps to resolve your issue!

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation