Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Anytime i put a page in the feeder the copied pages print with a line down the middle (blue if printing in color and black if printing in black) and the scanned pages will save to computer with the same line down the middle. Have taken printer apart to clean it, have changed out toner, replaced cartridges, realligned, recallibrated the printer. Nothing works.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for using HP products.

You can follow the steps in below document.

Vertical Black Lines or Streaks in Copies or Scans from the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) - Also applied to the HP Officejet 8620 as well.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00235050

Locate any debris on ADF scanner glass

Locate any debris on ADF scanner glass.jpg

If the initial cleaning does not resolve the issue, it may help to shine a bright flashlight nearly parallel to the glass. For a line on the left side of the printed page, the spot will be toward the front of the printer. If the line is on the right of the paper, it will correspond to a spot toward the rear of the printer.

Clean ADF scanner glass

Clean ADF scanner glass.gif

If above steps still does not resolve the issue, the line may be underneath the scanner glass or printer issue. Please call our support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region Contact HP.

Hope this helps.

I am a HP employee. I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.