Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
georgep1 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

scanner error 22 message on my printer screen

laser jet pro mfp 127fw
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

on my printer screen it has the " i" symbol with this message, " scanner error 22"   I cannot get the printer to scan or make copies. It will print things from the computer but copy or scan.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4555 319 682
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @georgep1,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I would like to assist you today with resolving the error message 'Scanner Error 22' on the front panel of your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fw. Now just so you are aware, the error message that you're seeing on your printer indicates that either extra weight or pressure was applied to the scanner glass that is stalling the scanner mechanism, or a programming issue is occuring within the machine that is affecting the scanner mechanism. Can I please have you follow the steps below to resolve this error state.

Step 1: Check Power:

Please ensure that your printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet for power. Power strips and surge protectors can cause HP printers to lack power and not perform properly. Once your machine is plugged directly into a wall outlet please attempt a test Copy on the front panel of your Laserjet. Should the error persist, please proceed to the next step.

Step 2: Power Reset:

1. Press the Power button () to turn on the product.
  2. With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
  3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  4. Wait at least 15 seconds.
  5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
  7. If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button () to turn it on.

Once the printer returns to the ready state, please perform another test Copy on your machine. Should the error persist, please proceed to the next step.

- Source

Step 3: Update Firmware:

The Firmware is the internal programming within your machine. It is the 'brains' of your printer and controls what the printer does and how the printer does it. If there is a corruption within the internal Firmware on your printer than the machine will not perform properly. Can I please have you click here to download the latest Firmware for your machine. Once the Firmware Update Tool has been downloaded please follow the onscreen instructions on your computer to 'send' the Firmware to your printer. Once the Firmware has been successfully updated please try to Copy again.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. Should the 'Scanner Error 22' error persist there is an additional programming reset that we can attempt on your machine. I look forward to hearing from you! :)

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
J80303 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried the suggested solutions - unplug, wait, and power on, update firmware, update software, reset to factory default, all to no avail.  How do you put the machine back to factory state?  Or is my machine hosed?  I'v already spent 3 hours trying to fix and am ready to drop $200 for a new printer on Amazon if HP cannot help.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation