cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bleubeck
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

scanning in win 8.1 for HP psc 2355 all-in-one

HP Recommended
HP PSC 2355 all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I can't get my HP psc 2355v all-in-one to scan.  The printer tells me to install HP software for this feature when I try to start scan from the printer. I have installed the drivers multiple times and cannot find a way to execute the scan from my computer.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Rainbow7000
Retired
Retired
15,163 14,989 856 2,169
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Community @bleubeck ,

I read about how you are having troubles with scanning to your Windows 8.1 system from your PSC 2355 printer, and I wanted to reach out. There are no drivers or software available to install with this specific printer model on Windows 8.1, as the model is older and OS is newer. I would think that your best bet would be to try running the Print and Scan Doctor to see if the diagnostic tool can detect the printer and scan. If this does not work, you can also try scanning from Microsoft Paint as a work around option.

If all else fails, you can contact HP directly and discuss your printer options to upgrade to a new printer compatible with Windows 8.1.

Reach our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Good luck, and thanks for visiting the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation