Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 1050A
Chrome OS

I recently just bought a HP chromebook and I'm having trouble figuring out how to use my printer with it. I already know how to print but, as I'm an artist, I need to figure out how to scan my work into my computer (which I don't know how to do).

My printer is the HP Deskjet 1050A and it claims to be an All-in-One printer that prints, scans and copies. 

I have tried looking through the other questions and answers in the hope that one of them could help me but none of them did as they're either for a different printer or different computer. It would be massively helpful if someone was able to explain to me how to scan my work into my computer for editing and sharing.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP forum.

In order to scan on Chromebook, the printer have to be wireless or wired (LAN) but your pritner only supports USB.

When you say the printer is " All-in-One printer that prints, scans and copies.", was Chrome OS listed on the box as one of the operating Operating System?

Here's a video showing how to Scan on Chromebook on Network capable printers;

Scanning from Chromebook

https://goo.gl/fH4F1R

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Thankyou for replying but, in all honesty, this wasn't really that helpful. As you mentioned earlier, my printer is only a USB printer, not wireless. Yet, you attach a link on how to scan using a wireless printer. 

As for my printer being supported by Cloud OS, I have no idea. It's been a few years since we bought the printer so I haven't a clue as to whether the box said it was supported by Cloud OS. 

Thankyou for your help anyway!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

The video as just mean to show how it's done on a Networked printer (which maybe doesn't interest you)

Have a nice day!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.