cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
texassmith
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Solved!

should my HP Officejet Pro 8500 Premier select correct paper tray based on document sizes

HP Recommended

The 8500 Premier has two paper trays, one for 8.5 x 11 and the default tray handles 8.5 x 14.

I have to change settings for the printer to get it to use the correct tray of paper whenever I want to use 8.5 x 14.

Is there a setup that allows the printer to select the correct tray based on the size of the document sent to the printer?

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dave_K
Level 7
Level 7
615 613 42 117
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, unfortunately the printer won't do this automatically. However, if you go into your print preferences, you can setup a print shortcut which makes switching back and forth a LOT easier. If you need help on how to do that let me know.

Hope this helps!

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Dave_K
Level 7
Level 7
615 613 42 117
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is it an 8500A or just 8500?

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
0 Kudos
texassmith
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is an 8500

0 Kudos
Dave_K
Level 7
Level 7
615 613 42 117
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, unfortunately the printer won't do this automatically. However, if you go into your print preferences, you can setup a print shortcut which makes switching back and forth a LOT easier. If you need help on how to do that let me know.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

texassmith
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I could use some instructions on how to set up the shortcut

0 Kudos
Dave_K
Level 7
Level 7
615 613 42 117
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No problem! Forewarning, this information could be slightly different depending on what version of the drivers you have but it should be similar.

1.First go to your printer folder which can be found inside the control panel.

2.Right click on your printer and go to printer preferences

3.Once there, you should see your print shortcuts (if not, click on the printing shortcuts tab). To create a new one, select the shortcut that says 'User Guide Print Settings' and change the settings you need to on the right hand side. (change paper size to what you need.)

4.Once you have the settings the way you need them, click 'Save As' (bottome left) and choose a name for your shortcut.

Now that you have a shortcut set up, when you go to print you can select preferences (sometimes called properties in certain software) and select the shortcut you need for that print job.

Hope this helps!

texassmith
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, I will try this.  I did  just realize that the printer is an 8500A 909g series printer. So by now you know I am clueless at times, but does this make a difference that it is a A909 g

0 Kudos
Dave_K
Level 7
Level 7
615 613 42 117
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Actually no, you had it right, it's just an 8500 :). the 8500As are in the e910 range.

I'm glad i could help though!!

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation