cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sgntobi
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

software for printer HP deskjet ink advantage 2454 series not extracting

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

hi i tried downloading the software and driver for ink advantage 2545 series on my notebook, but when trying to extract the file and proced with the installation....it gives error message 'cannot open' please what do i do?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,301 2,079
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! @sgntobi, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you have issues installing printer drivers on your PC.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Please provide the complete error you are getting on your PC to assist you better.

Try the steps recommended below.

The problem can occur if the print spooler service is stopped. So make sure the service is started. If it is stopped, start it. To check and start the service, follow these steps:

1. Press Win+R (Windows key and R key) at the same time. A Run dialog will appear.
2. Copy and paste services.msc in the run box and click OK button. 
3. Find Sprint Spooler from the Name list. Double-click on it to open the  Properties dialog box. 
4. If the “Service status” is Stopped, click Start button. And make sure the “Startup type” has been set as Automatic. After that, click OK button to save the change.
5. Reboot your PC for the change to take effect.

Delete Printer Keys and Update the Printer Driver

1. Delete all contents from following folders:

C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers
C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Drivers\w32x86

2. Press Win+R(Windows logo key and R key) at the same time. A Run dialog will appear. 
3. Type regedit in the run box and click OK button. Then Registry Editor will open.

4. Locate the following registry key according to the system that your PC is running. If you are not sure what specific versions of Windows that you are using, refer to Quickly Get Operating System Version.

For 32-bit operating system:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows NT x86\Drivers\Version-x (Note x will be a different number in different PC. In my case, it is version-3.)

Select this folder and you will see all printer registry entries in the right pane. Right-click on the entry and select Delete from the context menu. Delete all registry entries here.

6. Start “Print Spooler” service again. 
7. Restart your PC.
8. Update the printer driver to the latest version.

Let me know if this works!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
sgntobi
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you once again for your mail, really appreciate. Mr Robot

Unforturnatly i tried all the steps you directed, i did everything but still showing the same error message when about to extract the file says "can not open output file" same error message. and not i havent  make any changes to the printer , it a a brand new printer hp deskjet ink advantage 2540 all in one series.

Regards.

0 Kudos
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,301 2,079
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sgntobi, It's been great to hear from you again.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Are you installing the 32-bit version or the 64-bit version of printer software on your PC?

Go to the C: drive on your PC check where the printer files are installed. 

Run the setup.exe from the printer folder and check if you are able to install the drivers.

If the issue still persists, Open a command prompt with administrator rights and type the following command.

C:\windows\system32>Copy C:\temp\hpvdb2450.dll C:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\x32\3

Hope to hear from you soon!

Take care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation