hi i tried downloading the software and driver for ink advantage 2545 series on my notebook, but when trying to extract the file and proced with the installation....it gives error message 'cannot open' please what do i do?
I understand you have issues installing printer drivers on your PC.
Don't worry I'd like to help you out.
Did you make any changes to your printer?
Please provide the complete error you are getting on your PC to assist you better.
Try the steps recommended below.
The problem can occur if the print spooler service is stopped. So make sure the service is started. If it is stopped, start it. To check and start the service, follow these steps:
1. Press Win+R (Windows key and R key) at the same time. A Run dialog will appear.
2. Copy and paste services.msc in the run box and click OK button.
3. Find Sprint Spooler from the Name list. Double-click on it to open the Properties dialog box.
4. If the “Service status” is Stopped, click Start button. And make sure the “Startup type” has been set as Automatic. After that, click OK button to save the change.
5. Reboot your PC for the change to take effect.
2. Press Win+R(Windows logo key and R key) at the same time. A Run dialog will appear.
3. Type regedit in the run box and click OK button. Then Registry Editor will open.
4. Locate the following registry key according to the system that your PC is running. If you are not sure what specific versions of Windows that you are using, refer to Quickly Get Operating System Version.
For 32-bit operating system:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows NT x86\Drivers\Version-x (Note x will be a different number in different PC. In my case, it is version-3.)
Select this folder and you will see all printer registry entries in the right pane. Right-click on the entry and select Delete from the context menu. Delete all registry entries here.
6. Start “Print Spooler” service again.
7. Restart your PC.
8. Update the printer driver to the latest version.
Thank you once again for your mail, really appreciate. Mr Robot
Unforturnatly i tried all the steps you directed, i did everything but still showing the same error message when about to extract the file says "can not open output file" same error message. and not i havent make any changes to the printer , it a a brand new printer hp deskjet ink advantage 2540 all in one series.