cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Louie67
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

solution center problem

HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C6380 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

in my solution center when I try to check ink levels it states ink levels not currently available . When I try to correct this I get a message stateing computer unable to establish a 2-way communication with device. need help with this.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,301 2,076
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! @Louie67, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand when you check ink levels using solution center the ink levels are not currently available.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any changes on your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Bidirectional support allows Windows7 and the product to transmit data to each other without interruption.
Follow these steps to enable bidirectional support in Windows7.
Click the Windows icon ().
Click Devices and Printers.
Right-click your product name, which has a checkmark.
Click Printer properties. Select the product, and then click the Ports tab.
Select the Enable bidirectional support box located on the lower left side of the window.
If you cannot select bidirectional support, contact the computer manufacturer to find the enabled BIOS settings.
   NOTE:
If bidirectional product support is not available on the computer, you cannot receive extended printer messages, ink level or product usage information (myPrintMileage), or user-intervention instructions for printing on both sides of the paper (duplex).
If these steps resolved the issue, you do not need to continue troubleshooting.

Refer this article to know more information about establishing a two-way communication.

Let me know if this works!

Have a beautiful weekend ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation