Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How can I stop printing alignment page to waste my ink and paper - hp deskjet 3630?

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Once you fully complete the alignment process, the utility will stop. Have you fully gone through and finished the alignment process?

HP Recommended

Yes, I did but it still printing every time when I turn on my printer 😞

HP Recommended

Manually perform the alignment procedure yourself again now.

HP Recommended

Can you tell me how to do it? Thanks!

HP Recommended

Information is in the User Guide here.  Download it and read it.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-3630-all-in-one-printer-series/7172306/manuals

Page 94.

Align the ink cartridges.

To align the ink cartridges

a. Load letter or A4 unused plain white paper into the input tray.

b. Open the printer software. For more information, see Open the HP printer software (Windows)
on page 25.

c. In the printer software, click Print & Scan and then click Maintain Your Printer to access the
printer toolbox.

The printer toolbox appears.

d. Click Align Ink Cartridges on the Device Services tab.

The printer prints an alignment page.

e. Follow the on-screen instructions to load the cartridge alignment page print side down on the
scanner glass, and then click Scan to scan the alignment page.

The printer aligns the ink cartridges. Recycle or discard the cartridge alignment sheet.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the pointers in your reply.  I appear to have solved the problem for now.  However, for your information, the detailed instructions do not apply directly when using the app on an Android tablet wirelessly nor can I find their equivalent in the User Guide.  I have neither a Windows box nor an OS box - long live Google Chrome even though it cannot run the HP app so I had to load it on a tablet. You have to select Printer Settings, then Print Quality Toolbox to find the option to Align.  It is a shame it needs to be done manually like this as it appears to be working properly when obeying the instruction on the alignment sheet to press a copy button.  Mine is a 3634 fresh out of the box.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue as the original poster. I have gone through the alignment process, however each time the printer is turned on it wastes my paper and ink by printing an alignment page and I'm getting really annoyed and about ready to ditch this printer and buy another brand. Any other suggestions, as I have already followed the ones provided?

HP Recommended

Sorry, forgot to say which model - 3632.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the pointers in your reply.  I appear to have solved the problem for now.  However, for your information, the detailed instructions do not apply directly when using the app on an Android tablet wirelessly nor can I find their equivalent in the User Guide.  I have neither a Windows box nor an OS box - long live Google Chrome even though it cannot run the HP app so I had to load it on a tablet. You have to select Printer Settings, then Print Quality Toolbox to find the option to Align.  It is a shame it needs to be done manually like this as it appears to be working properly when obeying the instruction on the alignment sheet to press a copy button.  Mine is a 3634 fresh out of the box.

It is now some time since I did this and it has worked.  The problem has not recurred.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.