Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

my cradle keeps sticking,What should I  do differently ?

HP Recommended

Hello rckiss,

I am sorry to hear that your cradle is sticking. I would like to help. I would like for you to respond with some more information so I can look into the specific troubleshooting you will need for this issue.

Please let me know:

Your Printers Model Number

If you do happen to have the Photosmart 5510, please see the previous troubleshooting guide posted by Advance23 - Photosmart 5510 - Carriage Jam

Hope to hear from you shortly!

Thanks,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

My HP 5520 cartridge is frozen.  I get the error to turn it off and slide it, but it won't budge.  Whats the solution?

HP Recommended

Hello , and welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I see you are experiencing carriage issues. I would like to help.

I would recommend performing a power reset.  Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, then wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet. Make sure to bypass any sort of surge protector or power bar.

I would then recommend following the steps in this document on A 'Carriage Jam' Message Displays on the Control Panel.

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended

My prinyer cartridge get stuck and i looked there is no paper . when it is on , the cartirdige can not be moved mechanically

nor automatically as it is use td to do.Cables are attached properly and when I ask to print , the printer moved to the right and get stuck there. when it turned on it fres;ponded , showing a hard time to be moving and stayed to the right. Doesnot go to the home position. What can I do? Please help

zarnis

HP Recommended

Hello @zarnia ,

I would recommend following the document in my previous post.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, I would recommend contacting HP directly. You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide.

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.