cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Level 1
7 4 0 3
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

switching off deskjet x64 when not in use

HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I received a warning message, when I connected wirelessly, telling me that if I didn't leave it switched on there would be no updates. Can anyone tell me what happens if I go away and, also, how much electricity it will eat?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,328 17,221 901 2,541
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Mouse2721,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I would like to try to answer your questions to the best of my ability. When the printer is connected to the wireless network it has the capability to obtain auto updates. When the printer is turned off it will no longer be on the network thus can not get updates. This does not mean you have to leave it on at all times, it is only a message to make you aware.

AS for the power consumption, I do not know how much electricity is used when the printer is left on, but I can assure you that "This product is designed to reduce power consumption and save natural resources without compromising product performance. It has been designed to reduce total energy consumption both during operation and when the device is not active. This product qualifies for ENERGY STAR®, which is a voluntary program established to encourage the development of energy-efficient office products."

Figure : Energy Star logo
ENERGY STAR is a U.S. registered service mark of the U.S. EPA. As an ENERGY STAR partner, HP has determined that this product meets ENERGY STAR guidelines for energy efficiency.
For more information, go to the Energy Star Web site (in English).
This information can be found in both the User Guide, and the Printer Specifications page.

If you go away for a period of time, it would be best to turn the printer off to help prevent the cartridges from drying out. When you return and the printer is turned back on, it will reconnect to the wireless and obtain any available updates. To keep cartridges from drying out, always turn the printer off using the Power button, and wait until the Power light goes out before you pull the plug or turn off a power strip. This allows the printer to move the cartridges to a capped position.  - Source
As you can see, this was a very good question, one many others might be wondering about too. If this satisfies your inquiry, please click the Accept as Solution button below so others can find the answer they might be looking for. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation