cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
udaydeole
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

tricolour cartridge failure even after replacement

HP Recommended
HP DESKJET INK ADVANTAGE 2545
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

tRICOLOUR INK CARTRIDGE FAILING EVEN AFTER FOLLOWING CLEANING PROCEDURE. iN BETWEEN IT RECOGNIZED THE NEW CARTRIDGE SHOWED INK LEVEL BUT AGAIN SAME MESSAGE 'tRI COLOUR FAILURE' IS APPEARING

uDAY DEOLE

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Ciara_B
Level 11
8,714 7,779 283 653
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you tried cleaning the contacts in the printer? Failing that, I'd advise contacting HP Support for a replacement cartridge under warranty. You can first check the warranty ends date lasermarked on to the cartridge body.

Printer carriage contacts.jpg

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-ink-advantage-2540-all-in-one-printer-series/5285095...

Can you please post back to let us know how you get on?

Thanks

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
0 Kudos
udaydeole
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP SUPPORT SEEMS TO BE OF NO USE. I CLEANED THE CONTACTS ALSO. IT SEEMS TO BE HARDWARE PROBLEM. MAY BE IT IS NOT SENSING THE CARTRIDGE.

0 Kudos
udaydeole
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i used new cartridge also. Getting similar error message. HP should have thought over that. Buying new cartridge should be the last resort.

0 Kudos
Ciara_B
Level 11
8,714 7,779 283 653
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So if you're still seeing the message on another cartridge, it's unlikely that both are failing. Are they both original HP cartridges? Is the printer still under warranty?

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation