cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Chembo
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

unable to install the scanner on the HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276nw in windows 7 64 bit

HI 

am unable to install   the scanner on the  HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276nw Drivers in windows 7 64 bit  , after runing the setup ,the printer will finshing the installation process and and it will show that the HP Scan and HP fax failed. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,039 2,621
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

unable to install the scanner on the HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276nw in windows 7 64 bit

Hi @Chembo ,

I see you're experiencing issues installing the printer software. I will do my best to assist you with this issue.

I would disable all the start up programs and temporarily turn off the Antivirus Software and any Real Time Scanning in the Antivirus Software also, to see if that is causing the issue. How to use MSCONFIG . Click on the Startup tab and click Disable all, Then click the Services tab and check Hide All Microsoft Services.

Restart the computer.

Disconnect the USB cable from the printer.

Run the uninstall from the CD.

Go start, computer, right click on the CD for the printer, left click open in a new window, double click on uninstall.

Make sure that the print spooler service is running.
Right-click Print Spooler, and then click Properties.
If the Startup type is set to Manual or Disabled, click the drop-down list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.
Under Service status, click Stop and then Start, and then click OK.

Run the installation again and don't connect the cable until prompted.

Test the printer.

Then you will have to go back and enable the Startup programs, Microsoft Services and turn the Antivirus Software back on again.

If you need further assistance, just let me know.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation