cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Franz2718 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

unable to reset: "printer is in use"

Photosmart 7520
OS X

My configuration: 

1. Printer: photosmart 7520 - Sw updated
  2.  Computers: N.2 MacBook Osx 10.10.1
  3.  Wifi network: working

One computer prints without problems

The other:

1.  scanner: working
  2. HP utility working: device-status "idle"
  3. printer queue displays:  "printer is in use" 

The HP software has been reinstalled

The  printer has been powerd off for 1 minute

What should I reset?

regards, Franz

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Retired
Retired
18,047 14,989 855 2,155
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @Franz2718 , welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I understand one of your Macs running 10.10 is showing a "printer in use" message when you attempt to print or scan to your Photosmart 7520.

I have a few steps to suggest to try on your Mac with the issue. Try these steps in order:

1. Mac OS X: How to reset the printing system
  2. Repair disk permissions
  3. Restart the Mac
  4. Install the Full Driver here: HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer Full Feature Software and Drivers
  5. In addition, download this driver: HP Printer Drivers v3.0 for OS X

You should now be able to scan and print on your Mac!

Let me know the results 🙂

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Franz2718 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I  thank  you for your support but the procedure does not work and the message "printer is in use" is still there.

There are hundreds of "wrong permissions" (in general write permissions are missing)  and "group assignments" (0 not 80) of files of the printer software in "Library"  just after the SW is installed and the printer is not yet configured.

After repairing again the permissions the HP utility is unable to connect to the printer.

Any suggestion?

thanks again

Francesco

0 Kudos
Franz2718 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Another attempt.

reset permission after installing the printer.

the printer is "in use" for the HP utility but "Ready"  for the web interface !!!!

bye

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
18,047 14,989 855 2,155
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there Franz, 

Please try the steps I had posted for you in the order I had written them in.

I saw you mention that you had tried repairing disk permissions after installing the printer, and this is not the correct order, and could be why the steps didn't help.:smileysad:

If there is still an issue on this specific Mac, please post this issue in the Apple Support Forums to see if an Apple expert can make a better suggestion for you.

Good luck 🙂

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation