Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
22 9 2 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

using the officejet4500 with the chrome book

HP Recommended
officejet 4500

i have the officejet 4500 wireless printer and need to figureout how to get it to work with the chrome books? i got as far as emailaddress for the cloud printing and have no clue how to make an email address for the printer. is there an app for the chrome book i can use to just print directly to the officejet 4500 printer?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
28,237 27,960 4,909 11,070
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Printing directly from Chrome OS can only be done with printers who support the HP ePrint service, which is not supported by the HP Officejet 4500 printer.

For the specific model you will need to use another computer to set the printer as a Classic Printer (HP classic printers (non e-Print enabled):

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02817255

For direct network printing from Chrome OS you will need an ePrint enabled printer, you may find a list of ePrint enabled printers in the following link:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03722645

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
22 9 2 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks i was hoping i could find an app that would overcome that problem. someone may have one in development.

i do have the printer set up for wireless printing and it prints good that way with my windows computers but i was hoping to get the chrombook connected to it also. again thanks fo rthe help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
28,237 27,960 4,909 11,070
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

As you have the printer connected to your Windows PC, you may set a Classic printer as listed in the post in my previous link.

That will allow printing from your Chromebook, although it require the Windows PC to be powered on for printing from your Chromebook.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation