cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dral13
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

want to save scanned photo in its original size on PC

HP Recommended
HP 8600 All-in-One printer/sca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am scanning pictures in bulk on my HP 86 00 All-in-One printer/scanner.

They scan find using the top loader, but when I save them to my PC, they are essentially 3.5x5 inch photos at the top of an 8x11 inch sheet.

How can I scan them so they are saved at the original size.  I don't want to have to crop each one.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,945 2,572
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @dral13

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know how to save the scanned photos in their original size.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

Follow the below steps to resolve this issue.

1. Search Windows for your printer model name, and click the printer name in the list of results.

HP Printer Assistant opens.

2. Click Scan a Document or Photo.

3. In the left window of the scan dialog, select a shortcut based on what you are scanning.

4. With the shortcut highlighted, select your preferences. The preferences listed below are examples, and more can be found in the software.

• Scan Size: Letter, legal, 4x6 inch (10x15 cm), custom

• Output Type: Color, black and white, grayscale

• Resolution: 200 dpi, 300 dpi, 1200 dpi

• Destination: Local or Network folder, Email

Other settings can be changed by clicking Advanced Settings.

• Lighten/Darken

• File size/quality

• OCR Language

• Destination

Any preferences changed for these shortcuts are not saved after the scanning dialog is closed. To make permanent changes, create a custom scan shortcut.

5. Once you are finished selecting your settings, click Scan.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation