cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tillustrator
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

washed out prints

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7110 Wide Format
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hello, I've been using my HP Officejet 7110 Wide Format ePrinter for about a year and a half on my PC laptop. The print quality has been great. I use the prints to sell my designs so it's very important the prints look as good and true to life as possible for presentation.

I have since switched over to an iMac (Sierra opperating system). When I print the same file to the same printer the print quality is noticably different from each computer. The print from the iMac is washed out and not as saturated as the prints from my PC. After reaserching I'm understanding that the problem may be that the iMac driver is causing the HP printer to print at a faster rate so that it's not using as much ink as the PC. This is a problem I'd like to fix so that I can print directly from my iMac. How can I adjust the printer speed to slow down so that the printouts are more saturated?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,696 25,576 1,412 1,484
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tillustrator

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that you are getting print quality issues when you print from iMac on HP Officejet 7110 printer. I would like to help you out with this issue today.

Check the print settings.

• Open a document, click File, and then click Print.
  • The Print window opens.
  • Select the Paper Type/Quality or Media & Quality menu.
  • Depending on your print job, you might consider modifying the following settings:
  • Paper type: If one of the options matches your paper type exactly, select that option.
  • Quality: If you are dissatisfied with the quality of your printouts, increase the print quality. To print more quickly, decrease the print quality.
  • To save your settings for future print jobs, select Save in the Presets menu, and then name the new preset.

Click here and follow the document for more troubleshooting steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation