Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I printied out a diagnostic page and see a lot of codes that aren't easily identifiable. Some are-- 11. SN = MY63QF...etc or 21. PG = 4101 for example, but the  rest are pretty arcane. Is there any explanation available for these?

Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi Isabelle,

The diagnostic page has a lot of device information that can be used by customer support or a repair technician to diagnose specific problems.  It may contain information about the Serial Number (SN), number of pages printed, network address settings (IP address, MAC address, Wireless network information), Fax settings (Error Correction on or off, Fax speed, Rings to answer, etc).  It may also contain information about the ink cartridges such as estimated levels.  And it usually contains information about the version of the Firmware which is basically the operating system that runs the printer.

You shouldn't need to care about most of the information on that page except maybe for network information if you have a networked printer. 

If you have a specific model of printer and a specific code you're interested in, I can try to see if I can find out what it means.   

Trever
[Disclaimer:] Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks, Trever.

Just insatiable curiosity on my part. You don't need to bother , but I was hoping there might be a spec sheet that would enumerate the codes and their meaning.

HP Recommended
I'm pretty sure it varies from product to product.
Trever
[Disclaimer:] Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

I have an 845C and it won't print any doc with color. I have new cartridges. I have an error code 90020101 from the diagnostic test which I have no idea what it means, and can't find any information. HP's troubleshooting page tells you how to run the test, but doesn't tell you anything about what to do with the information. Do you know?

thanks,

Kari

HP Recommended

Forgot to mention that the test page is blank except for a very faint HP logo at the bottom of the page.

It's the 845 C.

thanks,

Kari

HP Recommended

I have this same question--apparently HP is using same/similar set-up on these codes for a few years now.  I wish to fully understand all the codes AND HOW TO MANUALLY RESET some of the settings within the codes.  Is it by using HP's PCL, printer command language?  I want this question fully revived for the April 18-19 tech support flood HP is planning for the next 2 days....

11. SN = serial number--okay, we've got this one--and the SN on the sticker for my Deskjet 1000 110a actually does not include the last 4 characters listed

12. PER = THIS is the *same* as the last four characters listed on "11. SN" above...what does "PER" mean?

21. PG = 151 [or whatever other *number* for you] = number of pages your printer has printed.  Is there a way to reset this to zero?  And if so, will that also reset the perceived ink levels to maximum/full?

I venture to guess that *most* values that are 1 or 0 = binary values for a setting to be either on or off, true or false.

57. LOI = Very Low  *and*  67. LOI = Low .....I venture to guess that LOI = level of ink...the 50's numbers are information on the tri-color cartridge and the 60's numbers are info on the black cartridge, corresponding with their printed sample bars just above the 50's and 60's columns.  And "51. TYPE = 1," the 1 may signal a color cartridge and in "61. TYPE = 0," the 0 may signal a black ink cartridge.  Three values I know that 57 and 67 information can carry are "Ready," "Low," and "Very Low"--I don't know what others and I think "Ready" is the starting point when cartridge is new/full.  ***IS THERE A WAY MANUALLY TO SET THE 57 AND 67 VALUES BOTH TO BE "READY"?***

I venture to guess that "54. HP = 1" and "64. HP = 1" simply flag/verify that the ink cartridge is a genuine HP cartridge and not a remanufactured, off-brand one.

Also venture that each cartridge, in my case type HP 61, is somehow marked with and has its own ID number, hence "52. ID = [16-character hexadecimal code separated by hyphen in 4 groups of 4 characters, which is going to mean ID numbers 8 bytes in size, or 64 binary digits if you can view the binary code, or the 16 hex digits]" and "62. ID = [16-character hex code].  However, my current type HP 61 cartridges have some non-matching 16-digit decimal numbers stamped onto them along with their warranty expiration dates.

For numbers 70-72, I guess that K = black (industry letter in printing that represents "black" ink) and that CMY = cyan, magenta, yellow (also industry names for these ink/dye colors); and that "PHOTO" represents photo black, if I had a special cartridge of photo black rather than standard black, so it will be 0 for no photo black cartridge and 1 if photo black is detected; and "72. INS K = 1" for boolean flag that standard black ink cartridge is present.  My guesses.

43-45 are hexadecimal dates followed by Julian dates--perhaps--is actually off by about 8 days--measured in UNIX date code = number of seconds elapsed since Jan. 01, 1970, 12 a.m.  201ffd18 actually date codes for 1987/01/30 01:08:40 and not 1987/02/07 13:41:00.

No good guesses on the other codes....Help!

HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavilion Slimline with a Windows 7 OS connected to an older HP Deskjet All In One 1050 J410.  The computer is only used in my shop and it is NOT connected to the internet. 

I was trying to print a very simple MS Word document, and the printer wouldn't print. First of all, I aligned print cartridges, cleaned heads (twice) and printed a test page.  These utilities worked ok, but then it still would not print the document.  Then, I used the HP diagnostic tool and attempted to to do a "Test Print".  It failed and indicated a diagnostic code "EXT-PRN"  Is there a list of these codes available so I can try to resolve the problem/s??  If not I need some help from somewhere!!

Thanks in advance, Butch. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.