Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Where do I locate the IP address for HP Officejet Pro 8600.  I entered the number on the front panel as indicated and I get an error message. When I try to enter the number on the front panel, the system will not allow me to enter : or ,  Frustrated, help!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

How are you connecting this printer to your network?   Are you using a Wired (cable) or Wireless connection.

Either connection, you should not have to enter this ip address. If you are using a wired or wireless connection, you will receive an ip address automatically from your router, If you router is setup properly.

Refer to the setup guide for you printer

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03045013.pdf

Have you performed the following steps starting with page 17.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
I am also CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+ Certified
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
***Click on “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

We are purchased new HP officejet pro 86000 ,software cd not working to insttal,so i want to install software to print,scan,etc,so when i go to install this software i found IP id required ,can you confirm the same

HP Recommended

Hello zemi_raj,

I seen your post on the issue you are having installing the printer software. I would like to help you.

Could you please respond to me with your operating system you are wanting to install the printer on and the model number of your printer?

Here are the links to help you determine which Windows or Mac version you have:

Windows

Mac

How you find your model number - How Do I Find My Model Number?

Thank you,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I went to lunch and when I came back my printer wont print. I found one screen that wanted an IP number. Where so I find that.

HP Recommended

Hi Cheryl,

I am sorry to see your printer will not print and asked for an IP address. I would like to help, could you please respond with the operation system you are running? Also, just to confirm, you do have a Officejet Pro 8600?

For the time being, please try Resetting the Printer

If you are running Windows, please run HP's Print and Scan Doctor

Thank you in advance,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

where to find IP address for HP Officejet Pro 8600

HP Recommended
where to find IP address for HP Officejet Pro 8600
HP Recommended

Hi Tharik,

I understand you want to know how to find the IP address for the Officejet 8600.

Thank you for your reply.
I will be happy to help you with this.

You would have to run the wireless wizard on the printer to enable the connection. Installing the Printer Software on a Wireless or Wired (Ethernet) Network.

I have provided a document for Printing a Network Configuration Page to get the IP address.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

What is the IPv6 address for a HP Officejet Pro 8600?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.