The HP Community is here for you.
07-13-2009 11:53 AM
I bought a Acer ASPIRE One D150-1920 small notebook cpu: Intel Atom processor N270 Ram: 1GB DDR 2 HDD 160 GB
wireless: 802.11b/g WLAN I am trying to attach it to my wireless network and it wants my printer added to the hard driive of the small netbook. When I try to download the driver, it down loads then stops when installing. I left it on all night and nothing. I have tried it twice and also called ACER help, which was no help. this small notebook does not have a cd or dvd drive. I have even tried to copy my printer to a flash drive and that doesn't work. My printer is a HP Office Jet 6310 and I have the master computer and also a large wireless notebook that I do not have any problems with. It prints find. I am getting very frustrated and just don't know what do try next. Please help...
07-13-2009 07:30 PM
Try a manual installation of the printer (I'm assuming you're running XP on your Acer):
- Click "Start" button --> Printers and Faxes.
- Under Printer Tasks, click "Add Printer".
- Click "Next" button on the Add Printer Wizard window.
- Select "Local printer attached to this computer". Deselect "Automatically detect and install My Plug and play printer". Click "Next".
- Under Select a Printer Port option, select "Create a new port" and select "Standard TCP/IP Port" and click "Next" button.
- In the "Welcome to the Add Standard TCP/IP printer port wizard" make sure that the printer is turned on and connected to same network that your computer is connected to. Click "Next" button.
- Under "Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port" enter the printer's hostname. You can also use the printer's IP address if it's static. Click "Next" then click "Finish".
- Now, select HP from the list of manufacturers, select your printer from the list of Printer models and click 'Next' button.
- If you can't find your printer, you'll need to copy the contents of the install CD for the 6310 to a USB flash drive, plug that into your notebook and use the "Have Disk" option to select one of the hp*.ini files on the flash drive. Alternatively, you can select another HP printer model from the same type.
- Add the print spooler name and click "Next".
- Click "Next"
- Click "Next" and then "Finish"
( While I'm an embedded wireless systems engineer at work, on this forum I do not represent my former employer, Hewlett-Packard, or my current employer, Microsoft )
+ Click the White Kudos star on the left as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.