cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Cookie_1
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

wireless connection but says can't connect to internet.

HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My printer has been working fine with a wireless connection until Wednesday. Although the wireless connection is still made my printer display says "can not connect to the internet" and "connect printer to update HP instant ink status" (which I don't want). Tried restarting the router, printer and wireless connection. Even tried ethernet and USB connections.

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
13,213 13,161 1,339 3,474
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the forum. Can you try the following:

Please Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR) tool to diagnose and fix your problem

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e016-1&h_keyword=dg-PDU

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
Cookie_1
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for your quick response.

Ran the diagnostics in the link, tried test print but report came up "Connect printer to update HP Instant ink status". Tried registering on HP Connect but report came up "This printer is offline. Please ensure the printer is turned on and connected to the Internet"

0 Kudos
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the forum.

If you've installed your printer software, can you try the following steps:

1. 1. Go to Control panel > Hardware and sound > Devices and Printers > (your hp printer)
  2.  Right-click on (your hp printer) select "See what's printing"
  3. Click on the "Printer" and ensure that "Set as Default Printer" IS CHECKEDAND "Use Printer Offline" is UNCHECKED.

Let us know if that works.

I am an HP Employee
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
Cookie_1
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for you valiant efforts!

Printer set as Default and Use Printer Offline is unchecked. Still no joy.

Ran the Diagnostics again. No Joy.

Tried to test print, report came up:-

Your printer needs to be connected to HP Connected to update its HO instant ink status

Tried to register agian but "printer not connected to the internet"

0 Kudos
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the printer software?

Why don't you try that?  Try the HP Auto Wireless Connect. However, you'll need to restore your wireless network to defaults first.

These 2 relevant videos will show you how :

Restore Printer Network Settings

https://goo.gl/9fyrGS

Setting up the printer wirelessly using HP Auto Wireless Connect

https://goo.gl/oBY6AJ

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Cookie_1
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi greenturtle

Tried suggestions.....but, no joy

Still being stubborn "Cannot print. Connect printer to update HP instant ink status"

0 Kudos
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI,

Do you recall what happened before you saw the issue?

Were there any WIndows update that might have caused the issue?

Will you be able to contact HP for help since you're on an Instant Ink program?

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Cookie_1
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can't recall anything extraordinary happening 🙂

There were a couple of .Net security updates that morning (KB3122656) & (KB3127229)

Dont think I am eligable to contact HP for help. I have an account with HP Connected, but I cancelled my instant ink subscription in Sept or Oct last year as it was working out too expensive due to the number of pages I was printing.

0 Kudos
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI,

Not sure if you can try uninstalling the security updates to confirm if that is causing the issue?

Did you change your routers recently?  

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation