cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
richardbo Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

wireless network connection

office jet pro 8610
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and older

we have an office jet pro 8610 which is connected to the wireless router via cable connection , therefore the wireless on the printer should be dissabled. The 2 laptops in the house continuosly pick up on the printer wireless signal output and connect. Why does the laptop see this connection if the printer wireless output is dissabled? Even if i tick the box for this connection not to be connected to automatically it will still connect when switching on the laptop ?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
768 631 42 97
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello @richardbo,

Welcome to the HP Forums, and thanks for posting!

I understand you are having an issue with your wireless devices on the network connecting to your HP Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One printer automatically. I would love to help you with this.

You are correct in the assumption that the ethernet does disables the printer's ability to connect to a wireless network. However, the printer does have a feature called Wireless Direct. Basically the printer will broadcast a signal and act like a router so that you can connect devices directly to it. I suspect this is what your devices are connecting to, so here are the steps to turn that off:

1. On the printer's home screen touch the Wireless Direct icon at the bottom. (Second from the Left)
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select Wireless Direct, then OFF.

Please respond to let me know if this resolves the issue!

Have a great day.

:cathappy:

HeyListen
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
richardbo Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks. On one Dell laptop I removed the dell pro set wireless software as this does not manage wireless connections as well as Windows. On the printer I have now disabled wireless direct and the second Dell laptop now manages log without interference from the printer.
Many thanks.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation