Note on archived topics.
10-07-2016 08:55 AM
I gave up printing w/ this wireless computer when I read the posts and it said it was because the computer
went to sleep. I bought the regular cord but it does the same thing! I have to unplug it every time I want to print
and the printer has to go thru the whole process of setting up again. Thank you,
10-10-2016 09:33 AM
Welcome to HP Support Forum. I hope you're well @suzi5!
I see by your post that you are experiencing printer issues with your Officejet 8660. I will certainly do my best to help you.
We can try and fix this issue by giving a static IP address and by disabling the IPv6 on your printer. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, unplug the USB cable and connect the printer via wireless. You can check the wireless light. It should be solid and not be blinking. Make sure you can print.
- Now obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
- Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
- Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
- Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
- Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 18.104.22.168 and under manual alternate type 22.214.171.124. Apply the settings.
- Under the “Network” tab – Expand “Network protocols” and select the option which says “Enable IPv4 only” and apply the settings.
Let me know whether that works for you. Good luck!
Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am not an HP Employee