Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 3 (8,902 Views)

x86 printer driver for 64 bit Windows 7

I have Windows 7 (64bit) on my computer.  I want to install an x86 driver for my HP Photosmart C6280 printer so my XP laptop can print to this printer through my home network.  I started by clicking on Devices and Printer, clicked on the Photosmart printer icon, right clicked the icon and selected Printer Properties.  I clicked on the Sharing tab and the change setting button.  I then selected Additional Drivers.  I put a check in the box next to x86 and clicked OK.  Windows wants me to provide the driver.  I can find it on the installation disk for the printer.

How do I get this driver installed on my computer?

0 Kudos
Professor
Message 2 of 3 (8,889 Views)

Re: x86 printer driver for 64 bit Windows 7

If you were able to install anything for the printer, then uninstall it. Next, download the correct software from this location:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=4063&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3194498

During the install you can select drivers only or the full software package, I believe.

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Student
Message 3 of 3 (3,561 Views)

Re: x86 printer driver for 64 bit Windows 7

Hi I have an HP Deskjet 720 printer and would like to download the x86 driver might help?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation