cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 603 37 75
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

z3200 79:04 when loading paper roll

HP Recommended
Designjet Z3200 PS 44"
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I just bought & received this broken 44" Z3200 PS online . It was not connect to PC yet. As soon as it was loading

the paper roll, in order to perform printhead alignment. When carriage box moved from the service station to the left & made little noise & 79:04 error.

Tried few times on & off, with cleaned encorder strip & metal rod, also lubricated.

I connected it to my PC & updated the firmware to the latest downloaded from HP site,
all went perfect & printer restarted and updating firmware , then ask me to load paper

& again  error 79:04.

I have the feeling the tension from the belt & will open it, in order to check inside carefully

this weekend.

If you have some hints & please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your kind helps

5 REPLIES 5
Mikeg81
Level 10
Level 10
2,276 2,174 113 233
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

If you remove the carriage just be carefull with the carriage bushing

Check the internal error code and line

Run the scan axis test, PPS test and service station test

Did the line sensor readed the paper before the error came up?

Also, try to get the error log from the EWS

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
jasonmiamifl
Author
Level 7
880 603 37 75
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MIke:

I did scan axis, paper feed, service station, eleteonic module etc etc.   all pass, except carraige box

test failed & here is the error :

fail deltae out od limite

92.000 > 8

Carriage looks perfectly like new & I doubt could give problem.

What would you recommend ?

I hate to take the carriage box apart & those tiny ribbon cables were not easy to fool

around with.

Mikeg81
Level 10
Level 10
2,276 2,174 113 233
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Dont work on the carriage yet.

Did you get hte internal error of the 79:04

Best regards

Mike G

jasonmiamifl
Author
Level 7
880 603 37 75
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

yes, 79:04 after printer asked to load paper to align printhead, then when paper loaded and stopped by the far  right, then to left, 79:04 came up.

Anyway I have an extra new carriage box with trailing cable & can swap it anytime.  But I really doubt

the original carriage box has problem. The printer inside out like new.

This is my 3rd Z3200 & I bought it just for learning experience only. Last 2 myself repaired them & perfectly working

daily.

Mikeg81
Level 10
Level 10
2,276 2,174 113 233
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi.

When you get the 79:04 press up arrow and cancel or up and ok to get the internal error the class and line or the error.

My theory is

If the carriage I moving reading the encoder strip, look at the strip and encoder reader. The scan axis test should tell you something if this is the case.

If the carriage is reading the paper with the line sensor, look at the sensor and make sure the paper is there to be read.

I'll suspect of the drop detector if it is checking the nozzles. On this one you can do a printhead cleaning to test.

Here is something I forgot. Do the sensors test to test the paper sensor. Just in case
Best regards

Mike G

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation