Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
XC3C64PA#ACJ
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

No error messages.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Probably varying opinions on this but I think it is user preference for the most part. If you use the laptop frequently why shut it down.The most stress on a hard drive is during startup so my thoughts are to leave it on unless I will not be using it for a few days. It is probably set by default to turn off the screen after a set time and even go into Sleep mode-I use that feature or simply close the display and it goes into Sleep mode. There will be times .of course, a Windows Update or HP Update will require a restart.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Probably varying opinions on this but I think it is user preference for the most part. If you use the laptop frequently why shut it down.The most stress on a hard drive is during startup so my thoughts are to leave it on unless I will not be using it for a few days. It is probably set by default to turn off the screen after a set time and even go into Sleep mode-I use that feature or simply close the display and it goes into Sleep mode. There will be times .of course, a Windows Update or HP Update will require a restart.

HP Recommended
What about the hours we sleep?
HP Recommended

While I sleep- my laptop usually does too. Mine is set to go into Sleep mode after x amount of minutes of no use or when I close the top. Of course you can just shut down in evenings if you feel more comfortable with that.

HP Recommended

To check your settings for laptop- right click the battery icon in taskbar near the clock. From the menu click Power Options. In the window that opens click "Change plan settings" to review or change any options.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.