Search Windows for "printers" and open Printers & Scanners. Look through this list to see if there is already a printer with the same or similar name that is online. In some cases, Windows might have detected and automatically installed a driver, in addition to one you added. Try printing to the printer that is online.
If your printer is using a wireless connection, make sure the printer is connected to your network by printing a network configuration page. This page provides the status of the wireless connection and helpful tips if there is a problem.
Download and install the software again from 123.hp.com.
11-05-2018 11:27 AM
( Views : 2,025 )
A printer shows offline in Windows when the printer is off, a connection is not available, or the printer driver is misconfigured. Here is a checklist of things you can do to get your printer up and running again.
- Make sure the printer power is on and the power light is bright. If the power light is dim, press the power button to take the printer out of sleep mode.
- If your printer is on a wireless connection, make sure the wireless light is on (blue) and not blinking. Some printers have a wireless icon in the control panel menu instead of a light.
- Download and run a special version of HP's tool Print and Scan Doctor. This tool is free and can automatically fix many problems that cause printer offline.
- Restart the printer and the computer.
- Power off the printer and wait a little while for the power light to turn off.
- If your printer is connected wirelessly, disconnect power from the router and then plug it back in. Wait until your network comes back online.
- If your printer is connected using a USB cable, unplug and reconnect the cable from the computer's USB port and the printer's port.
- Restart the computer. While the computer is restarting, turn on the printer.
- After the printer and computer (and router).
- If your printer has a wireless button, press and hold the wireless button and then press the info button to print the report.
- If your printer has an interactive touch-screen menu on the control panel, navigate to the Reports menu and print the report.