Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp envy 5020

My printer has stopped working and I desperately need it. I've only had it since just after the start of lockdown and it's randomly stopped printing and then showed error code 0X80000924 UNDERCROFT 

I have removed ink cartridges and unplugged for 60 seconds to try and reset it as previously recommended but it still shows the error. 

I've performed a hard reset using the link on another thread https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-ink-tank-wireless-410-series/16180953/model/16180954/documen.

And I've updated the firmware using a cable from this link https://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c02919168

It still hasn't been resolved and I'm working from home for the charity I work for and can't get to a store to get help. 

Can someone help me please? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Bex89,

I'd like to help.

I see that you have already tried the initial steps.

To assist better-

1. Do you see this error on the computer or the printer screen?
  2. Are you able to perform a standalone copy using your printer?
  3.  What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or devices?

If the error shows up on your computer, try the below steps-

Install all the available Windows updates

If you are accessing Windows 10, then these steps are for you.

1. Hit the Start menu and write an update. After that, click on the “Check for updates” option.
  2. Tap on the “Check for updates” option.
  3. After clicking on that option, Windows will install the updates automatically.
  4. When Windows completes all its updates, start your computer again and attempt to print a file to check if your printer works.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your support.

It is on my printer and the printer is touchscreen, meaning that I can't do anything to the printer at all. So I can't use it to for a standalone copy either.

I've tried using it through my phone and laptop but neither will connect or make the error code leave the screen.

I've tried installing updates too and this hasn't made a difference. I only bought this at the start of lockdown and used it a handful of times so I don't understand why it isn't working.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.