Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP office jet 9010 all in one
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

So when I insert a 2 sided page to be copied in the document feeder and select 2 sided copy I get the message that either the paper or the tray cannot be used for 2 sided printing and the job is cancelled. Yet my my prints a 2 sided page from her laptop no problem.  When I open control panel/devices and printers/  right click the printer and open printer properties select  device settings it shows automatic duplex is installed but automatic configuration is turned off. There is an option to update but when selected it immediately returns to OFF. ANy clues would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

As the error message described, the paper settings of the printer does not allow auto duplexing, not any paper sizes and types supports a such.

What Paper Type and Paper Size do you currently have in the printer tray?

Open and close the paper tray and evaluate the shown prompt, what EXACT message is listed when closing the paper tray?

If you see different settings than the actual paper, click on No or Modify and make sure the correct Paper Size and Paper Type are set for the printer.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

As the error message described, the paper settings of the printer does not allow auto duplexing, not any paper sizes and types supports a such.

What Paper Type and Paper Size do you currently have in the printer tray?

Open and close the paper tray and evaluate the shown prompt, what EXACT message is listed when closing the paper tray?

If you see different settings than the actual paper, click on No or Modify and make sure the correct Paper Size and Paper Type are set for the printer.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you so much. A simple solution that worked. I had somehow changed the paper setting to legal and of course it wont copy legal size 2 sided. But it works now. Kudos.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.