Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY5055
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP ENVY 5055 When I click on a picture, I have the option of printing (4) 3.5x5 photos on an 8.5x11 sheet but I can only print one 3.5x5. How do I load 3 more prints? I want to print 4 on one 8.5x11 sheet.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Joe-Joe10,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having issues while printing 3.5x 5 photos on 8.5x11 on your HP Envy Printer. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What type of photo paper are you trying to print from?

What application are you using to print from? 

Try few steps recommended below.

Right-click the photo that you want to print, and then click Print, or click Open with, click Windows Photo Viewer, and then click Print.
From the drop-down menus above the photo, select your printer, paper size, and print quality. For the Paper, type select HP Photo Papers and then click Options.
In the Print Settings window, click Printer Properties....
   NOTE:
Changing some settings makes them the default settings for all print jobs. You might need to manually change the some of the following settings if you change paper type or size, or if you are printing documents. Make sure to select the appropriate paper tray.
On the Paper/Quality tab, select Photo Tray or regular tray from the Paper Source drop-down menu, and then click Advanced.
In the Advanced Options window, select the correct paper size from the drop-down menu, and then click on OK.
In the Document Properties window, click OK.
In the Print Pictures window, click Print.

Refer to this article for printing on photos - HP Printers - How to Print Photos (Windows)

Alternatively, I have found a related HP Forums post which seems to have helped others: Click here

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you. The issue has been resolved by a tech.

HP Recommended

@Joe-Joe10,

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out.

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help.

Thank you 😀

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I contacted tech support and let the tech control my computer. It took an hour and nineteen minutes to resolve the issue. The tech downloaded a driver and set up one way to print photos and another for printing text. It solved the problem.

HP Recommended

@Joe-Joe10,

Thanks for the update,

I'm glad to hear you were able to contact our HP phone support and they were able to address your issue.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.
I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.