cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

351 Cartridge

HP Recommended
Photosmart 4580
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just changed the cartridge in my Photosmart Printer 4580. There seems to be no yellow ink coming out from the brand new, genuine HP cartridge. Even if I take it our and run the head over a tissue I only get blue and red ink, so I assume this is a fault with the cartridge, unless anyone has a better idea.

I don't unfortunately have the receipt else I would just take it back to the retailer.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,999 23,889 1,319 1,404
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DERBY-Q

Welcome to the HP support community.

Run the clean print cartridges utility

1. Open the Printer Toolbox. There are two ways to do this:
    • Open HP Solution Center, select the Settings menu, then the Print Settings submenu, and finally the Printer Toolbox.

• If the HP Solution Center method does not work, open Printers and Faxes in the Windows Control Panel, then right-click your printer icon and choose Properties. Click Printing Preferences. Click the Services tab, then the Service This Device icon.

2. The Printer Toolbox opens. On the Device Services tab, click Clean the Print Cartridges, then follow the on-screen instructions. Up to three levels of cleaning are available. Discard or recycle the page that prints.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation