Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 3630 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Having had no reply to my earlier request I now re-state my problem. 

My Deskjet 3630 has been working well until last week.  Now, as soon as I start up, the Resume light flashes and I can get no further.  Pressing the Resume button simply gives an eject of one or two papers.  HP Print & Scan Doctor stops at System (Status:- Paper size mismatch  Attention required) but gives no instruction how to deal with it.  The paper in the tray is A4 and all the print commands are set to A4.

The blue wireless light stays flashing, presumable indicating that there is  some sort of wireless connection although The Doctor seems to think otherwise.

I have tried to uninstall the printer in order to reinstall but that doesn't work either.  I am told that there is no online connection although my Pc accepts mail etc. and, as above, that resume function appears to sense some kind of signal.  I've tried the installation via both cable and wireless (which worked last week) but no joy with either.  

That Resume light only ceases to flash when the printer is switched off!   Please, folks, I'd be truly grateful to a get solution to all this as soon as possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@BrianJoyce

Thank you for posting back. 

I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@BrianJoyce

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,
I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. To begin with, check the paper size and source settings for your print job in Windows.

1. In the program you are trying to print from, click File, and then click Print.

2. Make sure your printer is selected, and then open the Properties dialog box.

Depending on the software program, the button might be Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences.

• For most HP printers, click the Paper/Quality tab, and then continue with these steps.

• For HP Laser printers, click the Paper tab, click the Original Size drop-down, and then make sure the paper size matches the type of paper loaded into the printer. Click the Output Size drop-down, select Same as Original Size, and then click OK.

3. Click Paper Source, and then confirm the correct paper tray is selected.

4. Click Advanced, and then click the Paper Size drop-down.

5. Make sure the paper size matches the type of paper loaded into the printer.

NOTE: If the exact paper size is missing from the list, select the size closest to the paper loaded into the tray.
  6. Click OK.

Reset the printer to recover from printer errors or failures.

1. If your printer has a rechargeable battery, remove it.

2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

3. Unplug the power cord from the power source.

4. Wait 60 seconds.

5. Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.

NOTE: HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.Turn on the printer to complete the reset.

Update the printer firmware

• Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your PC.
  • Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Reinstall the HP print driver (Windows)

Uninstall then reinstall the print driver on a Windows computer.

1. Disconnect any USB cables from the printer.

2. In Windows, search for and open Add or remove programs.

3. Look for your HP printer name in the list of programs.

• If you find your printer, click the printer name, and then click Uninstall.

• If you do not find your printer, search for and open Printers & scanners, click your printer, and then click Remove device.

4. If a User Account Control message displays, click Yes.

5. Follow the instructions to complete the software removal, and then restart the computer.

6. Go to 123.hp.com to download and install the latest print driver.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had begun to wonder whether the Forum had ceased to operate so I really do appreciate your reply but, so far, not so good.  I followed each and every step you give (although I have previously tried them all, without success) as far as the final one of getting into HP Smart.  There, I got the message "Printer offline" but there appears to be no instruction for rectifying that situation.  For what it is worth to know, the printer's wireless button is flashing as "On" but so is that *$£^()^**. 

Further detail:- On checking Windows Settings,Printers & Scanners, no printer is shown either to remove or add, whilst clicking on "Add a Printer" fails to show any printer from which to choose.                    Where do I go from here?  Is the printer actually now a dud?  My HP Ink status shows me now to be well in credit.  

HP Recommended

Thanks, Echo_Lake, but I'm still struggling with this printer.  The Resume red light continues flashing, nothing shows in the display panel and no prints take place.  The blue Wireless button is on, indicating (I think) web connection and pressing "X" simply ejects a clean page.  Do you think it is a printer fault or a problem in my computer?  I think I have been through every combination of solutions given by Print & Scan Doctor and by HP Assistant that I could find so it's hair-tearing time!  HELP!

HP Recommended

Echo_Lake.  Still battling with this printer trouble.   Print Doctor gets as far as saying there's a Status problem but none of the offered solutions help.  Nowhere does it refer to that Resume light, why it keeps flashing etc.  ( I'm 7 hours ahead of you, it seems, so hope to get a bit more help later today?)

Brian 

HP Recommended

@BrianJoyce

Thank you for posting back. 

I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No problem now.  I have been exploring things beyond my normal computering knowledge and, in the Modem settings, I saw a previously undiscovered On/Off switch.  Don't ask me how come it was set to Off, but I changed the Off to On to see what would happen and, immediately, my printer coughed up its waiting jobs.  Whoopee!  I have a working DeskJet 3630.  Thanks for your interest, though. 

However, because it had looked like no solution was forthcoming, I had surrendered and had ordered a replacement printer, a DeskJet 2710, which has several months of HPInstantInk provided.  It was delivered here the day after my DeskJet 3630 sprang back into life, too late to cancel the order!  So what happens to my InstantInk situation?  I already have a £2.99 per month contract applied to my now functioning DeskJet 3630 and now, presumably, I have several more month's worth applying to a computer, paid for but not being used?  I don't need two printers although it's handy to know  there is a spare, unused printer in my cupboard if ever the 3630 blows up.  Can the newly purchased Ink value be transferred to the existing 3630 contract?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.