Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have a 4360 all in one. Is there a print preview in the driver? In other printers I have (Canon) there is a print preview selection that allow me to see what will print before actually printing. It allows me to see how many pages there are and print all or just some of them. In the 4360 in the layout tab you can select page, but you have no idea on how many pages there are to print. I often think there is one page and the printer prints out 2 pages one with just a meaningles header and one that is what I want...its wasting paper and ink.

Help

Sad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok, I did a Win 7 system restore and reloaded the 9800 Driver once again...and removed the 4360 drivers and fax stuff.

I found out that I can go t IE 11 and do a print preview from there and select the driver and see the print preview and select a page to print!! The issue mentioned above was the driver was set to a default of 25% view, i changed this to 100% and voila I can see the pages in the print preview.

Also Chrome works as well

So the only confusion is using a 9800 driver for a 4360 printer!

Anyway it works and this is great!

Thanks

Sally

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hey there @minion22!

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

I should be able to help regarding the print preview and your printer.  In your post you said you are using the 4360, are you referring to the Deskjet D4360 or did you mean the Officejet 4630? Could you also post back and let me know what operating system version your computer is running?

If you are unsure of the operating system version:

Click here for Windows: Windows Operating System Version

Click here for Mac: Mac Operating System Version

You should have a print preview with your printer.  Sounds like there may be a software issue.  Do you get the issue when you print from everything or is it just a specific program?  I would recommend and uninstall and re-install of the HP software.  If you could post back with the requested information I should be able to provide some more help. 🙂

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

4360 e Officejet all in one.

win 7 pro 64 bit

there is no option to see a print preview loke with my canon and epson printers.

i usually see this option in the print driver...select ift and then when you print you get to see what is being sent to the printer in a preview window, see how many pages to be printed and the ability to remove pages etc.

some web browsers have this but it should be in the printer driver...

HP Recommended

I understand and thank you again @minion22!

I suggest changing the driver that your printer is using from the Officejet 4360 to the Deskjet 9800.  Once the printer is using the Deskjet 9800 driver you should be able to go into the Printer Preferences, click the Finishing tab at the top of the Window and check the box for Show Print Preview. Apply the changes and then try printing again.  

To change the driver your printer is using open Devices and printer frm the Start menu.  In devices and printer Right click on your printer and click Printer Properties.  Click the Advanced tab at the top of the window and then click New Driver.  You will get a new window where you will click Next.  On the left side select HP and on the right side select HP Deskjet 9800. Follow the prompts to finish the driver change and it may even ask you to rename the printer.  if so you can call it the Officejet 4360e again.

Let me know how it goes 😄

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello, I tried this and loaded the deskjet 9800 printer, I still have all the 4360 stuff on my desktop from installng it in the first place.

But I was able to see the print preview on the finishing page or tab as you indicated.

The issue is now I see several pages to print, but I cant deselect pages that just waste ink and paper...I can do this with my Canon and Epson printers...so we are somewhat there but I think HP can do better!!

Any ideas? Chrome does have a print preview function that I can use that will allow me to deslect pages, buts its several more steps etc...

Thanks

Sally

HP Recommended

Well I have another issue with using the 9800 Deskjet driver....When I go to print the print preview pops up with the pages to pring but they are all "blank" I see nothing in the pages displayed, the number of pages seems correct but they are invisible!!

Gosh it seems that HP should just fix the 4360 driver for IE??

Help

Sally

HP Recommended

Ok, I did a Win 7 system restore and reloaded the 9800 Driver once again...and removed the 4360 drivers and fax stuff.

I found out that I can go t IE 11 and do a print preview from there and select the driver and see the print preview and select a page to print!! The issue mentioned above was the driver was set to a default of 25% view, i changed this to 100% and voila I can see the pages in the print preview.

Also Chrome works as well

So the only confusion is using a 9800 driver for a 4360 printer!

Anyway it works and this is great!

Thanks

Sally

HP Recommended

I bought a new pc and am trying once again to get the 9800 driver installed. I do not see the 9800 Deskjet in the list of HP printers?

Is there another way to download the deskjet 8900 driver and install so I can once again the print preview function?

Thanks

Sally

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.