1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

4535 after PC restart stops printing colors

HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4535 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've been dealing with this problem for many months, but I can't and can't seem to get to the bottom of the problem whenever I try and invest an hour into resolving it. I have IT background and dealing with printers isn't foreign to me, but this particular problem is causing me real frustrations... to the point I don't see any other solution than buying another printer. Which is a pretty ridiculous decision after just 1 year or so....

The problem I have is with HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4535 All-in-One. After getting it, I installed drivers so printing, scanning worked like a charm on first sight. But after I restarted my PC I noticed, it doesn't print in colors anymore, just B/W. What a weird thing, I thought.

After checking all the settings, they are of course set to printing in colors, not B/W or grayscale. Then I uninstalled the printer and drivers (settings - print server - drivers) and tried to install them again. Nothing changed. Everything works fine, but after I restart the PC somehow colors disappear from my prints, even if I triple check nothing changed in the printing settings that would instruct printer to not use colors.

I try to resolve this problem once every few months, but nothing seems to help.

Now I tried all of the drivers below again. So uninstalled old one, installed new, always printed in colors with no problems. But after a PC restart or two restarts, somehow magically colors disappear from printing. But they of course shouldn't because all the settings are left like they were on first try when it printed in color. I even double check if they are...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-ink-advantage-4530-all-in-one-printer-se...

Firmware of the printer is updated! Checked on the printer itself via auto-update function + tried to update it manually from the HP website, but it of course confirms its updated.

I tried to install ALL the drivers on the HP website:

- 'Install HP Smart and add your printer'

- 'HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4530 All-in-One Print and Scan Driver and Accessories'

- 'HP Easy Start Printer Setup Software'

- 'HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4530 All-in-One Printer series Basic Drivers - IT Professional Use only'

Screenshot_3.jpg

Please, give me some useful advice. I don't seem to know what other to do than to trash my 1 year old printer. I need color prints! Oh, and printing in colors from my phone works fine all the time. So there must be some PC issues!!

Regards.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation