cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

5746 Photo Tray Issue

HP Recommended
Officejet 5746
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I cannot print to photo paper in the photo tray with this printer. Whenever I try to print from the photo tray, it tells me to load paper. I have put 1 sheet in there, I have filled it, and I've tried every amount of paper in between. It tells me to load paper. There is always paper in there. So I keep trying, and about every 10-15 tries I'm able to print ONE thing. So imagine my frustration when I have to print a few things.  The 4x6 paper in the photo tray is a VERY tight fit; in fact it bends a little when squishing it in there. Is this the problem? Is there a new tray I could get for it that actually fits correctly? I have several different 4x6 photo papers, including some from HP, and they are all jusyt slightly too big. The tray is not adjustable. I need this printer to work! Please advise!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,168 26,154 1,732 2,388
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Doigger,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are having issues printing from the photo tray.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2xABxpS

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks for your reply. No, that did not offer any help at all. As I stated, the current photo tray is too small for standard 4x6 photo paper. I would like to purchase the correct size tray please. Or one that has adjustable paper size guides, as mine does not.

Please do not send me any more setup instructions - I’ve gone over these many times. The setup is not the issue.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,168 26,154 1,732 2,388
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Doigger,

I recommend you contact HP phone support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with the phone support.

Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Enter Product number or select to autodetects

Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation