cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
mikeymca
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

6950 first says paper jam, no paper jam, then error 0x6100004a.

HP Recommended
Officejet 6950
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Before anyone suggests it, I have already reset the printer by taking the power out and leaving it 60 seconds, and have done a semi-full reset through the support menu.

I am seriously angry that my £100 printer has decided after only a year and a half and not even having printed 500 pages, it has started throwing this error message up.

Are there any actual solutions rather than HP support just telling me to turn it off and on again? I am 100% certain there are no paper jams, and the ink cartridges are relatively new, sent by instant ink. When opening the printer the cartridge no longer moves to the middle and cannot be moved, however I know the mechanism still works that actually moves it as I was able to get it to move through some fluke when trying to figure out what was wrong.

Please someone help, I cannot afford another printer right now.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation