Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet plus 4120
Android 9.0 Pie

16092741786148734983824407049892.jpg

Hi, I have a dekjet 4120 printer connected wireless to my Samsung s20 5g phone. I have 6x4 paper loaded in the tray whic it automatically recognises. However when I print it will only let me print a maximum of 14.4 x 8.5 approx (see attached picture) please any help would be appreciated. Thanks Scott 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Scott118 

OK - this is mostly guesswork - I do not have an Android device.

HP Smart - iOS and Android >>> Download, How-to. Videos, and FAQ

HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS)

Section: FAQ > Section:  Can I change print settings in the app? > Subsection:  Android

It appears any an available Scale settings are available in "More Options".

Whether this includes any useful way to control the size depends on what you find.

For example, if you find a "Fill Page" option (wording could be anything), then that might work well enough.

The issue, then, might be what the "fill page" does to the image content....

Product Specifications for the HP DeskJet Plus 4120 All-in-One Printer (3XV14B)

Reminder:

Printer does not support borderless - this limitation is true regardless of the software / application / platform you are using to print.  Printed content will include a border.

Print Margin Bottom (A4)12.7 mm
Print Margin Left (A4)3 mm
Print Margin Right (A4)3 mm
Print Margin Top (A4)3 mm

Side Bar

To have any chance of centering the image / photo on the paper, you must either select / set borders for all sides that are equal or larger than the required "bottom" border size (.5 inch)

or

Find and use an application that allows you to "center" the image on the  paper and fit it as "best can be done" with respect to the uneven margin requirements.  (Not ideal.)

Unsolicited Comment

If you can get a hold of a PC (Windows) or MacOS system, HP Smart and other print software these devices is actually much "smarter" than the mobile version.

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP DeskJet Plus 4120 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately no matter how you fill the page it just edits more of the picture out. Thank you 

HP Recommended

@Scott118 

You are welcome.

We don't always get to provide the answers we like.

You could, if you have a way to do so, open the image in another software (?) and edit the image into the proper shape.

This is likely a challenge on a phone, but maybe it could be done.  ?

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.