Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7155 All-in-One Printer

My printer is stuck on the start up screen. The blue is filled up, only the first blue dot is filled in. I have tried powering on and off, unplugging and plugging back in for 5 minutes, holding the power button for 15 seconds.  This worked 3 days ago.  Some sort of update must have bricked it.  I see many others with the same problem online.  This has to be a software issue.  Can you help?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @tallpaulco,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing issues with the HP ENVY Photo 7155 All-In-One Printer is stuck on the initialization screen. Check if you can bypass this to access the home screen of the printer.

If yes, let us try this: Go to Setup > Tools > Restore to factory defaults

Note: You will have to reconnect the printer to the wireless network after the reset

Reset the printer

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

If this does not help, unplug the power cable and hold the power button down for 10-15 seconds and release it. Power on the printer and check.

Check for any jams inside the printer and make sure the carriage is moving freely.

I have a few recommendations 

• Remove the ink cartridges from the printer. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip. Wait at least 60 seconds. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet..

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you for the help.  I cannot get past the startup screen to any menus, so that is off the table.  I have tried all of the other reset directions you provided, also with no luck. Still stuck on blue bar with one blue dot below.  Lots of folks seem to have this same issue. I will not be being HP printers again.  

HP Recommended

Hi @tallpaulco,

Thanks for replying. This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue. I've sent you a private message with further instructions. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.