Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP deskjet 1010
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi, I was buying new cartridge set (tricolor-black) for my HP deksjet 1010 via HP store. But when I changed the black cartridge, it said that my new cartridge wasn't original and i have to install it. When I changed the tricolor, it works! I have cleaned the black cartridge and set it on my printer but dosen't work 😞

What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Osh35,

I thank you for your quick response. Please visit this link:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03772927 for further troubleshooting to try and resolve the situation.

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the printer works great. Hope this helps. Please let me know how this works. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to appreciate my efforts by giving me  a kudos. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution”.

Thanks and have a terrific week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Osh35,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I understand that you that you have issues with the black cartridge purchased directly from HP and it gives you an error that it wasn’t an original cartridge.

We definitely value your relationship with HP. We appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP and I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. I’ll be glad to assist you with this. Kudos to you for trying some basic troubleshooting steps before posting your query in the forums. You’ve done an amazing job and I’m greatly impressed with your troubleshooting skills.

For better clarity, to isolate the issue to a faulty cartridge I would require more information on this.

• Please let me know the cartridge# of the black one.
  • It may be either a faulty cartridge or an incorrect cartridge that was sent. Please check that out. 

For further assistance Please visit this link to try and resolve the issue: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Deskjet-1010-Printer-series/5157543/model/5157545/document/c0...

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the printer works great. Hope this helps. Please let me know how this works. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to appreciate my efforts by giving me  a kudos. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution”.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm using 802 small cartridge CH561Z and I'm sorry the link is "page not found"

HP Recommended

Hi @Osh35,

I thank you for your quick response. Please visit this link:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03772927 for further troubleshooting to try and resolve the situation.

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the printer works great. Hope this helps. Please let me know how this works. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to appreciate my efforts by giving me  a kudos. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution”.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.