cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
jpurvin
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

8600 Pro goes to sleep and can't receive print communications. Says "Offline", "Can't Communicate"

HP Recommended
8600 Pro
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My 8600 Pro (Model CM750A) is connected to my wireless network and is capable of printing. But, if the printer falls asleep after a period of disuse, I.e. the printer's display panel is black (not lit up), any attempt to ask it to print fails. The solution is to manually turn off then turn back on the printer. Of course, this makes most of my use of this printer quite inconvenient.

If, after initiating the job,  I click the printer icon in the task tray, sometimes it shows the printer as being "offline". 

Eventually, on failed prints, I get a large window saying the computer was unable to communicate with the printer. It asks me if I want to cancel the job, which I routinely do.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the printer's driver.

I just did an experiment. I checked Window's Printers and Scanners utility. It showed the printer and said it's "Not Connected." No other (past) printers show in the utility. I turned  off the printer manually, then turned it back on. The wireless icon showed that it had a connection. I printed something. While it was successfully printing, the Printers and Scanners utility said "Printing". Then, when the job was done, the utility immediately again showed the printer as "Not Connected".

Can you help me to print wirelessly again without these intermittent communication problems? Jeff

3 REPLIES 3
Chin999
Level 5
Level 5
292 292 9 28
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow the steps mentioned in the link below and see if this helps you

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8600-e-all-in-one-printer-series-n911/4322914/...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
IPGRicky
Level 3
Level 3
54 54 1 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

This is vignesh B.

Welcome to HP Consumer Support Forum. I am happy to assist you!

The document I have shared works for any kind of printing issues.So, please kindly follow the below mentioned

troubleshooting steps :

1. Please follow this document first in order to have the direct communication with the printer through the printers IP Address.
2. Link : https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04249080
3. In case, If the issue still persists, please go the control panel - Devices and printers - Right click on the printer and go to printer properties - Please go to advanced tab - Please click on new driver - Now, you will get a list of drivers - Please select HP at the left side and please select HP Officejet 8600 Class Drivers at the right side of the page.
4. Please click next and finish.
5. Then, please click apply and then Ok.

please let me know if the issue is resolved completely as we are able to resolve 95% of the cases using these troubleshooting steps.

Please contact 1-800-474-6836 for any assistance. We work 24*7.

Thank you for choosing HP. Have a wonderful day ahead.

Please click the "Thumbs Up", to say thanks for helping!

Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue.

I am an HP Employee.

Ricky
I am an HP Employee
jpurvin
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, but your suggestions didn't solve the problem.

I will call the support number you provided.

Thanks, nevertheless, for your response.

Jeff

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation