Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 8720 printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 just went through some sort of software update and now it is telling me that i have a document feeder jam and I cannot copy or scan anything.  I have attempted all the troubleshooting i can find online and nothing haqs worked. It just keeps making some off noise like gears grinding or something and it did that after it did some sort of an update.  There are no jams.  I dusted it i cleaned it i I cannot figue it out.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@GMBSystems

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. 

I reviewed the case regarding issues with the printer. I will be delighted to assist you here.  

Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 😉 

Follow this link and perform the steps in the given order. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.