Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9025
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This printer DOES NOT PRINT 5 X 7 photos.  It used to work.  Then it started cutting them off and there were black streaks on the back.  I had an expert printer guru from my husbands office come look at it.  He couldn't figure it out.  I finally called HP and after several phone calls lasting HOURS, trying one thing after another and waiting for them to shuffle through their tech manuals, they finally said they would replace the printer and the printhead.  First they sent the printer and forgot the printhead.  Another few phone calls.  Finally get the printhead.  Tested 5 x 7 and it worked.  It's been a few months and now it is doing exactly the same **bleep** thing and warranty has expired.  I cannot HATE this printer more.  DO NOT BUY THIS PRINTER.

Also I used to be able to select the size and type of paper I was using from my print dialog or from the printer itself.  Now, to change the paper type or size, I must go through the HP Smart App, go to printer settings, then advanced settings, then settings again, then preferences, then tray and paper management.  A RIDICULOUSLY COMPLICATED PROCESS.  Then you have to go through all of that again to revert to whatever paper you had in the printer before you changed it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@JLodge I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.